GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Sales Analytics Analyst gathers important data and compiles it into reports and presentations our sales organization can use to make critical business decisions. They take charge of an analytical project and deliver results that will make our organization more effective and efficient. The Sales Analytics Analyst has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into actionable and digestible information that improves internal decision making.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members to collect business requirements and define successful analytics outcomes
- Create data products and build automation to support analyses, identify trends and track progress
- Develop and maintain system and supporting documentation in the Gitlab Handbook
- Support process & definition alignment across the organization, be a transparency champion
- Balance short term results with long term vision -> DataOps and Lean Services
- Leverage a wide range of tools, from gSheets and SQL to Python, in order to maximize value delivery
- Perform comprehensive research and analyses
- Perform data integrity audits
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative environment
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex business activities, technical requirements, and recommendations
- Process oriented, able to identify improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following business subject areas: marketing, finance, sales, product, customer success, customer support, engineering, or people
- Experience with BI Tools such as Sisense for Cloud Data Teams, Tableau, Qliksense, etc.
- Understanding of databases and data pipelines such as MS SQL, Snowflake, Postgres
- Demonstrated progressive experience in analytics or related field
- Strong Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL) experience is required
- Strong coding experience (Python or JS) is preferred
- Data pipeline & dimensional modelling experience is preferred
- Dbt knowledge is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce data model is preferred
- Understanding of statistical analysis is preferred
- 4+ years in the Data space as an analyst, engineer, or equivalent
- 3+ years working with a large-scale Data Warehouse, preferably in a cloud environment
- 2+ years experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool
- 1+ years creating project plans to identify tasks, milestones, and deliverables
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
- Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Phone screen with a GitLab Recruiting Team Member
- Video Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with 1-4 Team Members
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.