Rotational Analyst at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Investment Management Rotational Analysts will move through a 12-month rotational program, where you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with our teams on challenging, meaningful projects across Asset Management, Debt Capital Markets, Portfolio Management, Private Equity and Amherst Homes to understand the holistic investment management strategy. Analysts will select a Major in one of these critical areas and will also form a talent pool from which other teams will staff projects as additional capacity is required.
After undergoing a two-week bootcamp, analysts will be coached by seasoned professionals throughout the program to help advance technical capability, industry knowledge and soft skills. Throughout the duration of the program, you will also have access to mentorship from the investment team who will help you develop both personally and professionally. Successful analysts will have the opportunity to join one of our rapidly growing teams upon completion of the program.
- Support portfolio management team which oversees over $5 billion in AUM across 12+ strategies
- Provide analysis to drive strategic decision making in areas such as portfolio composition, financing/capital structure, operational performance and growth/exit opportunities
- Coordinate across functional groups within Amherst, including Asset Management, Acquisitions, FP&A, Treasury, Asset-Liability Management, Accounting, Investor Relations and Structuring & Execution for recurring and ad hoc investor requests and internal initiatives
- Articulate economic impact of revenue and expense functions within single-family residential real estate
- Develop detailed understanding for assigned portfolio strategies
- Validate accuracy of reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor cash balances and activity and suggest distribution amounts
- Attend bi-weekly / monthly investor calls and speak to performance as requested
- Work with other Rotational Analysts on cross-functional projects
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.