Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
About the role
We are seeking a knowledgeable and proactive risk expert to join Robinhood’s Enterprise Risk management function. In this role, you will be partnering directly with Robinhood’s business unit and infrastructure functions to drive and lead change and to play an influential role in strengthening Robinhood’s risk management capability. You will be instrumental in making sure that strategic risk and compliance programs are stood up, remain on track and provide transparency to multiple stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, show a clear ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, to navigate across a number of stakeholder priorities and is able to quickly gain an understanding of Robinhood’s products and the rules and regulations under which we operate.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partner with Enterprise Risk, Engineering and entity leadership to strengthen Robinhood’s risk mitigation capabilities and drive strategic direction for risk management
- Lead and execute risk and compliance transformation initiatives that help our programs match the pace of innovation and growth of our business partners
- Implement and adhere to project and program management practices that are practical, efficient and aligned with Robinhood’s needs
- Efficiently engage with a variety of partners ranging from senior management to process owners on a range of risk identification, analysis and remediation efforts
- Build processes and routines that ensure Robinhood’s risk management capability meets regulatory requirements and expectations across all of our entities
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional partners
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability in risk program management and transformation leadership across fintechs, broker dealers, and other financial institutions
- Experience in leading risk mitigation and regulatory compliance initiatives
- Experience driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes and implementing technical solutions
- Strong program management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of theUS Broker Dealer regulatory environment
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical
- Understanding and implementation of the following risk management areas:
- Board and Corporate Governance and reporting structures
- Model Risk Management
- Quantitative Modeling and Analytics
- Series 7, 24, 4 certifications, CRISC, CISA or other related certification
- Advanced degree in a relevant field of study
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).