Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The U.S. Large Credit team works collaboratively with merchants, business development teams, relationship managers, transaction risk analysts, compliance, and legal departments to mitigate risk while supporting growth objectives. We're a diverse team with the potential to have a significant positive impact.
What you will be doing:
As a Risk Portfolio Data Analyst Senior, you will have responsibility for risk reporting & portfolio analytics across the Credit organization. FIS leverages internal and external data to make informed credit decisions. The successful candidate will be able to mine this data for relevant patterns and trends and use the data to continuously improve our portfolio monitoring process. A key part of the role is creating robust reporting packages for executive leadership leveraging internal systems, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effectively evaluates complex issues, considering and prioritizing a variety of factors
- Analyzes internal merchant processing data and identify indicators of elevated risk
- Analyzes external data (credit ratings, bond prices, stock prices, negative news) to determine appropriate risk triggers
- Leverages all available data (internal and external) and builds a process that continually enhances our credit decisioning and portfolio monitoring process
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders to identify and fill data gaps
- Creates professional presentations for executive leadership and risk governance forums
- Distills complicated data into clear, crisp takeaways for leadership
- Leads quarterly management and reporting processes
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Exercises sound judgment in assessing potential regulatory and reputational risks
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Effective communication skills and attention to detail
- Expert level PowerPoint and Excel skills - advanced formula knowledge in Excel is key
- Experience building highly polished, professional PowerPoint presentations in a fast-paced environment working closely with senior executives
- Deep experience in creating impactful management reporting and presentations
- Previous dashboarding experience in Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, MicroStrategy, or similar
- Ability to distill complex data into a tight story with clear, simple takeaways
- Strong data analysis background - particularly in mining large data sets for relevant trends, insights to improve internal models that support decision making
- Ability to navigate complex internal systems
- Unmatched work ethic
- Self-starter with strong sense and pride of ownership - ability to meet tight deadlines with work products that exceed expectations
- Ability to creatively solve problems and achieve company objectives
- Time management and flexibility
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of merchant acquiring services
- Financial analysis, accounting experience, formal credit training
- Ability to code in SQL and VBA
- Master's degree
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well being
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.