Under general supervision, is responsible for providing Risk Control (RC) staff with information necessary to make prudent Risk Control decisions and to support the Risk Control business. (i.e., risk assessment, work mgmt. system/UWS/Claims systems, loss analysis). Executes the Risk Control strategies and assists with fulfilling customer engagements (i.e., underwriting request, claims investigation, insured/agent/broker inquiry). Removes barriers that impede the ability to complete RC work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Performs work order analysis (including missing underwriting information) and documents findings to move process along (i.e., insured's operations and contact/policy information).
- Handles work order requests, without RCD involvement, such as alignment of work to RC staff and resolves work order barriers to meet risk control engagements.
- Analyzes account loss information and summarizes information for risk control review.
- Works as a liaison with the field RC staff and underwriting to ensure timely account set-up, loss information and survey prep activities.
- Coordinates account process, including invoice reconciling and billing.
- Leads and prepares pre-survey activities, assisting the consultant with new/renewals (e.g., WC – IIPP, current employment practices, Auto driver list, vehicle list, DOT info, Product Profile, Property TIV, google earth – photos of property).
- Manages account documentation and ensures file completeness and quality assurance (correspondence, risk assessment, service plan).
- Communicates with external producers/customers and can serve as the first-line point of contact on account related matters.
- Demonstrates a broader sense of engagement within Risk Control, the territory and SBU.
May perform additional duties as assigned. May support Home Office, Field, and the RC Virtual Center.
Supervisor or Manager
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance including Risk Control policies/procedures and services.
2. Strong time management, analytical and communications skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
4. Strong capability to advise others.
5. Demonstrated customer service experience and the ability to interact with a wide-variety of people on a daily basis in person, via telephone and email.
6. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience. Some college preferred.
- Typically a minimum of three years of related work experience in an office environment