Risk Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
• The Risk Systems, Modelling and Analytics team sits within Global Ops focusing on Merchant Risk
• We support the Onboarding, Transaction Monitoring and Collections teams in their day to day activities
• We are responsible for the development, maintenance and configuration of the key systems used in these tasks
• We write the rules and models that govern these systems
• We manage post-mortem analysis of losses and efficiency reviews of the systems
• We manage key third-party vendor relationships for all aspects of the systems and partners we use
• We are a key partner to the business helping teams from across FIS in delivering excellent employee and customer experiences
NOTE: This role may be worked remotely from anywhere in North America.
What you will be doing
You will identify key business processes, performs evaluations of risk, assesses effectiveness of controls and promotes continuous improvement across the organization through deployment of risk response activities.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures strategic objectives of risk management program are met including execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response and program testing and validation.• Reviews significant events and advises business owners of action steps required to prevent future recurrence.• Performs risk assessments related to the Data Protection, Supplier Management and Enterprise Risk Management programs as well as other consulting projects throughout various risk disciplines while identifying potential issues, control gaps and potential process efficiencies.• Documents risk analysis and controls and evaluates control design and continuous control improvement.• Manages specific areas of exposure.• Conducts regulatory and other assessments for the Corporation.• Participates in projects designed to mitigate risks including generating action plans for issues/gaps.• Tracks, coordinates and resolves issues identified in any and all related control, compliance or risk work.• Develops and maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements.• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong analytical, organizational and communications skills required as well as outstanding interpersonal and human relation skills• Project-oriented and may require a significant amount of overtime at critical times• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public.
• Knowledge of SQL• Data Analytics • Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills.
What we offer you
•A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
•A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
•A competitive salary and benefits
•A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.