Research Support Analyst III at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Research Support Analyst III
Serve as an Intelligence Specialist applying extensive knowledge of advanced research methodologies and analytical techniques to accomplish complex work assignments. Use extensive knowledge of intelligence disciplines, geopolitical context, and diverse sources to create intelligence products and inform strategic direction on tasks. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity, interpersonal skills, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze, evaluate, interpret and integrate all-source intelligence and open-source information to produce intelligence products and make intelligence assessments in accordance with defined requirements.
- Apply advanced research methodologies and analytical techniques and/or collection management systems to complex work assignments.
- Identify and/or provide for the resolution of intelligence gaps, prepare or satisfy collection requirements to resolve gaps, evaluate and/or facilitate reporting in response to requirements, and provide guidance/feedback to support analytical efforts.
- Research current and emerging business trends; recognize links and relationships between entities.
- Update and maintain information databases.
- Contribute to the completion of tasks related to Planning, Collection, Processing, Analysis and Production, Dissemination, and Application.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience performing commercial or government intelligence analysis.
- Experience with relevant commercial or government intelligence software applications.
- Experience with social media and other open-source information sources.
- Experience evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all-source intelligence and open-source information into top-level assessments.
- Strong communication skills with ability to conduct ad-hoc analysis and assessments.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.