Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
- Leverage machine learning and optimization to automate and improve decision making in our core problem areas
- Develop and deploy new solutions and improving existing machine learning models (including deep learning, reinforcement learning and tree based methods)
- Design and implement scalable automated decisioning systems
- Lead research initiatives to drive actionable learnings and ultimately impact for Convoy
- Work on systems that automate our dynamic freight marketplace
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 2-7+ years of experience developing machine learning solutions
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math/OR, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Experience using Python and SQL for deploying and maintaining models in production
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning toolkits and frameworks
- Ability to frame business problems as automated decision solutions
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- You’re humble, effective, and biased toward action and learning
Nice to haves:
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces (platforms), financial markets and economic theory or driving operational or product improvements through automated decision making
- Experience developing mature models and doing the tough research work to unlock value
- Experience with Big Data Tools
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!