We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale opportunities that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
Research Managers at Instacart will own the vision for how research will support their side of the business while managing a team of four to six researchers. As the research team continues to scale, managers will be responsible for collaborating on the structure of the research org, defining the mission of the research team, and hiring.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with key stakeholders—research customers and partners, such as Data Science, Product, Design—to understand needs and timelines in order to ensure the team is successful
- Develop deep understanding of your team’s product areas and competitive landscape and define how research might have an impact
- Nurture your team’s talent, helping them grow in their skills, expertise, knowledge, and experience
- Build and guide relationships across the business that helps research deliver impact and value
- Own and oversee execution and socialization of foundational research that has significant impact and reach throughout the organization
- 7+ years conducting research, at least some of which were in a consumer-focused product organization - bonus points if the product served multiple customer types
- 2+ years experience managing a team of at least four user researchers inside of a product organization
- Deep understanding and experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques such as contextual inquiries and interviewing, usability testing, surveys, workshop facilitation, usage data analysis and triangulation
- Has an ambitious vision for the role of the research team in the organization, and a plan for how to get there
- Collaborates well with other managers to build a strong team that acts and executes with consistency across the organization
- Proven track record running and overseeing foundational research to help the organization
- Passion for people - supportive and inspiring leader who knows when to trust and when to coach
- Advanced degree desired; minimum of Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.