***THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION***
ConsumerAffairs is a marketplace for life’s hardest purchases. We help consumers make smart buys in moments of need.
Every month millions of consumers turn to ConsumerAffairs for help with considered (often emotional), need-based purchases and we connect them directly to curated brands. Brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews, their presence on ConsumerAffairs, communicate with consumers and generate revenue.
We are a diverse team located remotely across the U.S. and internationally. We are fast-paced and “GRIND” our core values: Generate Ownership, Resolve Through Data, Invent with Grit, Network to Win and Deliver Impact Daily.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for monitoring, expanding, and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems as well as building them from the ground up.
The Senior Data Engineer supports our solution architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Candidates should have education and/or experience in data modeling, requirements analysis, and best practices in analytics. Experience with BI applications is a definite plus.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Collect and refine business requirements to create technical specifications
- Collaborate with other D&A teams to integrate disparate data sources and systems
- Collaborate with other CA teams to identify and refine requirements
- Develop and implement comprehensive data ingestion processes
- Develop and implement comprehensive data integration processes
- Develop and implement data models to support operations and analytics
- Keep data separated and secure at rest and in transit
- Maintain and support cloud data architecture
- Maintain job processes managed in Airflow and DBT
- Maintain data integration processes via Airbyte, Stitch, Fivetran, and Talend
- Create, maintain, and update technical documentation
- Define reporting and alerting requirements for data teams
- Develop audit and monitoring processes for quality assurance
- Develop and manage relationships with partners to optimize integration
- Help design, troubleshoot, document, and maintain system processes
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members
- Constantly look for ways to improve monitoring, uncover issues, and deliver value
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring agreed schedules, coordinating resources in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required)
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 5 years’ experience in Data Integration and Integration
- 5 years’ experience in Data Warehousing, notably Cloud Data
- Experience in SQL across relational and dimensional databases
- Experience in AWS and Snowflake implementation and administration
- Industry experience is beneficial
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Fluent in English
- Must be highly curious, driven, and disciplined
- Understanding of data models, data warehouses, and data mining
- Familiarity with BI technologies
- Knowledge of SQL is required
- Familiarity with cloud analytics is beneficial (AWS, Snowflake)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Stands up for decisions and takes responsibility for results
- Shares both good and bad outcomes transparently
- Takes decisive action, and changes course as new data or results surface
- Demonstrates relentless focus on results with a commitment to deliver
- Always starts with a "Let's GRIND it out" attitude
- Encourages everyone around them to be focused and driven
- Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focused on solving issues.
- Establish and adhere to project timelines. Keep stakeholders informed
- Acts with urgency; delivers results in days instead of weeks and months
- Pursues success relentlessly and embraces challenges as opportunities
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: US/ Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan