R-13162 Manager, Data Practice - IN (Open) at Rackspace Technology (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:23 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 8, 2022
Manager, Data and Analytics
BUSINESS UNIT: Rackspace Applications and Data Services
FUNCTION: Professional Services
· Work with customers and the wider Rackspace organizations on re-thinking and re-designing IT Data landscapes using cloud-native technologies
· Excellent technical architecture skills, design and deliver innovative Proof of Concepts for customers.
· Support with the enhancement of delivery capabilities across the India delivery teams
· Build cloud data solutions, big data platform services, serverless architectures, Hadoop ecosystem, DW/DM, NoSQL databases, analytics services on public cloud platforms and security.
· Design and write excellent, fully tested code to build ETL /ELT data pipelines, BI models and dashboard and on a public Cloud platform.
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake platforms
· Implement product features and refine specifications with our Data scientists, Data Analysts and Data Architects
· Lead and deliver workshops, ideation and strategy sessions for customers working to solve their business use cases with innovative technology solutions
· Evangelize the cloud-native paradigm through the delivery of blogs, customer presentations and public speaking engagements.
· Mentor and train other architects/Engineer within the wider Rackspace community on modern Big data and cloud-native Data Technologies.
· Proven experience in managing high performing teams as a direct line manager. You have experience in managing professional services and DataOps teams of 30+ resources.
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 15 or more years of Datawarehouse and/or Analytics Systems development and deployment experience, IT systems and engineering experience, security, and compliance experience, etc.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in architecture of modern data Warehousing platforms using technologies such as Big Data and Cloud.
· Self-starter, highly aggressive and motivated to provide the highest possible level of responsiveness and performance from a team of people.
· Large scale design, implementation, and operations of Lakehouse and Data mesh architectures using 1st party services on Azure / AWS / GCP.
· Experience working within an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
· Familiarity with CI/CD concepts
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the relationship-building skills to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Knowledge or hands-on experience with data engineering and analytics (data visualization and/or data science).
· Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering
· Deep understanding of data architecture and application.
· Hands on experience as a technical lead in Data Engineering or Data Science domains.
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
· Hands on experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, GCP Professional Data Engineer or Microsoft Data / AI certifications.
As part of your role, you will:
· Manage an organization of up to 100 people including Delivery Managers, Data Architects and Senior Data Engineers.
· Deliver high-quality work to customers as part of consulting engagements that can be delivered through workshops, presentations, or solutions architecture designs.
· Work in close collaboration with other architects, technical consultants and professional services teams within Rackspace and customer’s teams
· Work with customers across multiple regions depending on customer locations.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 196 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description