Quantitative Decision Support Analyst (Remote) at Datto, Inc.
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is seeking an experienced quantitative risk expert to join our growing decision-support team. This is an amazing opportunity for a talented and driven individual who is passionate about using data to inform decisions and intrigued by the opportunity to help build and implement a risk-based decision science and analysis service. This team employs quantitative and analytical methods to help inform Datto’s leadership regarding cybersecurity risk management and resource allocation. The initial focus will be on cyber risk decision analysis and reporting, but opportunities to stretch outside of information security into broader views of decision science will exist, as well as exciting opportunities to dive into developing new methods for incorporating operational metrics into broader decision processes. Knowledge of IT and information security concepts are important but are not the core skills being sought.
In this role, you will serve as the key operational analyst for the Datto quant risk team. This role is expected to leverage multiple disciplines and actively pursue the development, integration, and automation of quantitative risk modeling, analysis, and assessment processes with other risk and decision processes (e.g., operational, strategic) and develop associated metrics. You may be called upon to develop and guide other decision science staff and may be called upon to brief executive leadership regarding risk methods and results. You may also be called upon to lead or represent Information Security on various risk working groups or committees.What you will be doing:
- Executing established risk-informed decision support processes (FAIR-based)
- Communicating complex analytical methods and results to a wide variety of audiences
- Applying statistical approaches (including Bayesian methods) to understanding information environments
- Developing, documenting, and implementing quantitative methods for risk analysis and response
- Conceptualizing and mapping actual and possible threats and controls to risk factors and computing before/after and what-if scenarios
- Applying mathematics and data science techniques to solve quantitative risk modeling and associated automation challenges
- Assisting with the development of risk and decision models
- Instructing interested parties in the knowledge and application of mathematical approaches to decision making and problem solving
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, finance, decision science, actuarial studies, information technology, or similar field and 2 years' experience OR 4 years' experience in quantitative risk analysis in the last 8 years.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience conducting FAIR-based analysis and successfully briefing the results to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience with statistical programming languages (e.g., R)
- Experience with other programming or scripting languages
- Experience with simulation/modeling tools (e.g., AgenaRisk, Analytica)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- FAIR or OpenFAIR (highly desired)
- AIE (Applied Information Economics)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.