Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
Our team is reinventing how medical research happens with data and technology. This is a company built by and for people who are looking to get out of their comfort zone and try new things, who want to learn and grow quickly, and who seek to be part of a mission-driven team committed to improving patient lives. Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, WI. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
We cannot currently sponsor H1-B or OPT visas at this time.
As Verana Health reinvents how research happens with data and technology in the healthcare space, we are growing our Quantitative Sciences team to solve complex real-world problems across multiple therapeutic areas, including urology, ophthalmology, and neurology. We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst that will work closely with clinical data derived from electronic health records in support of both internally driven research areas as well as commercial projects.
This role will report directly to the Head of Quantitative Sciences in the near-term. Built on the values of continuous learning, cross-functional collaboration, and rigorous scientific research, the Quantitative Sciences team strives to improve patient care by innovating at the intersection of real world data, clinical context, and methodology with our partners to ensure all available data is being used to in the most efficient, data-driven way possible.
Verana Health is looking for a Quantitative Analyst with a background in health data analytics to help us with data cleaning, modeling, inference, and interpretation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a hands-on individual contributor on the Quantitative Sciences team with familiarity of relevant technical approaches (biostatistics, epidemiology, and/or data science).
- With oversight from manager and/or senior members of the team, work on commercial retrospective clinical studies leveraging real-world data through responsibilities such as creation of statistical analysis plans, implementation of analyses, development of algorithms in support of research objectives, and/or writing of publications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams (e.g., Commercial, Product, Medical, Engineering/Technology, etc.) to translate clinical investigation questions into detailed data analytics requirements for internal and external projects.
- Master’s in a quantitative discipline (e.g., biostatistics, data science, epidemiology, etc.) or 1-2 years of hands-on experience with messy data (e.g., claims, electronic health records, outcomes data).
- Working knowledge of health data analytics tools, especially SQL, Python, R.
- Willingness to learn more about:
- clinical datasets and coding systems such as ICD, CPT, and RxNorm
- pharmaceutical industry’s strategy and business processes
- Interested in working in a cross-functional environment.
- Clear communication skills and able to deliver internal/external presentations.
- Ability to reliably execute and prioritize across a handful of well-scoped projects with guidance from manager.
Verana Health values our employees well-being and happiness. We provide fully covered health, vision and dental for employees, Flexible vacation plans, learning and development allowances, a generous parental leave policy, 401K and commuter benefits.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.