Quality Assurance Tester (QA Tester) at FIS
The world of finance moves fast. At FIS, we're faster. Our teams are empowered to learn, grow, and make an impact-in their careers and communities. We deliver innovation that advances the way the world pays, banks and invests. If you want to grow personally and professionally, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
In this Quality Assurance Tester role (QA Tester) you will play a vital part in creating the certification environment for government benefits programs, like SNAP, TANF, WIC and child care with the States and CDP. You will be responsible for setting up the required configurations, code, and conducting the certification testing for EBT transactions. (Electronic Benefits Transfer)
About the team:
FIS' business division that supports EBT provides administration and full transaction processing capabilities to the majority of the state government agencies in the US in order to support EBT programs. The EBT Platform includes the EBT Transaction Platform, EBT Customer Service Platform for cardholders, and the EBT Client Services Platform for its state government clients.
What you will be doing:
- You will prepare certification test scripts ensuring it matches the change order.
- You will execute test scripts and review results
- You will test, and evaluate any new or existing programs to identify and help remove bugs, glitches or other user experience issues
- You will be involved with peer review of certification scripts
- Setup certification environments for the required testing with the right code and configurations
- Perform simulated testing to make sure the code and configurations are working as expected and document the test results
- Participate in certification testing with the Client/State and document the test results
- Sign off on the TRD and submit to the Client/State for sign off
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration or other related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 2 - 3+ years working knowledge of testing/certification concepts required
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Rally, Clarity
- Experience conducting functional, regression, and performance testing
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good understanding of banking technology / financial transaction processing
- Experience using manual and automated testing tools preferred
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge in processing of ATM/POS transactions from an acquirer and authorization at issuer a plus
- Must be available to clients during central time zone, or eastern time zone hours.
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge in EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) government benefits programs, like SNAP, TANF, WIC and Child Care
- Knowledge in back-end settlement processing of financial transactions
- Knowledge in exception processing of financial transactions
- Previous experience in anyFIS switching platforms
What we offer you: A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the chance to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.