Quality Assurance Data Analyst at Verisk (Remote)
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job Description
- Intake and deliver data downstream into production to support the ongoing operational needs of DDS
- Implement quality control tasks and processes that routinely measure data quality and positive data outcomes to effectively grow data sources, maintain existing DDS customers that support the expansion of new DDS customers to achieve revenue targets
- Systematically assess and evaluate data consumption processes by reviewing new and existing data sources utilizing a suite of in-house statistical analysis tools
- Deliver data quality improvement initiatives as defined, agreed and prioritized
- Collaborate across multiple departments related to data collection and data management
- Work closely with data owners, data users and data custodians (IT) to ensure the root cause of reported data issues are understood and underlying problems as well as associated symptoms are resolved
- Present data quality trends and findings to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Monitor and manage large data sets that are tracked through various data systems
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Math, Statistics preferred)
- Ability to analyze large data sets for trends and patterns
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Experience using and developing data profiling routines and data quality
- Ability to prioritize and troubleshoot data consumption and data quality problems
- Expert in spreadsheet generation and manipulation
- SQL queries/query writing
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.