WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire app from the App or Play Store.
The QA Specialist interacts with virtual teams to ensure the product meets functional and performance requirements through manual testing. You love a good challenge and will work tirelessly to break our products before they ship.
Community Lead, Automation
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understand and use project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Investigate customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Handle technical communications.
- Develop a strong understanding of Squire’s platform.
- Partner with teams during development lifecycle: collaborating in team syncs, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Responsible for QA of software patches and releases.
- Provide full regression coverage of every feature of every product.
- Assisting teams manage the final quality on production release.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with a strong focus on formal process.
- 5 or more years of software development experience, web and mobile applications.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages and process management methodology.
- Strong knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- Experience with TestRail or similar software.
- Performance testing background is a plus.
- Able to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Able to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry.
- Passionate about testing, development, and design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Advanced English required.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across teams.
- Able to successfully organize and manage work across global engineering teams.
- Impeccable time management and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a strategic mindset.
- Strong sense of security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. In addition, or in lieu of a degree, add certifications, or years of practical experience in a certain role.
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.