PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- Perform high-level/critical validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform a variety of QA related support tasks for the internal development team.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus, and reporting.
- Assist in the management of project databases for assigned titles.
- Assist in the tasking and execution of all operational testing for assigned projects.
- Assist in the execution of project operational reporting and day to day communication.
- Assist in developing test plans and incorporate them into the software testing process.
- Assist in QA administrative and support requests.
- Assist in collaborative work across disciplines within the internal/external development team to help drive project to completion.
- Assist in diagnosing errors and breakdowns in development pipeline and perform technical support as needed.
- Provide operational QA Lead role redundancy for assigned project(s) as needed.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of QA industry trends and techniques.
- Minimum of 2 years in Tester Analyst or equivalent position and successfully shipped at least 2 global, large-scale titles on current generation PlayStation platform(s).
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals.
- Experience in quality assurance/control testing.
- Experience in foundation level testing techniques.
- Experience with DevSuite & JIRA database systems.
- Proficiency in test case design and traditional QA/QC methods.
- Successful completion, certification, and application of ISQTB® Foundation Level CTAL or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency with Maya software and toolsets preferred.
- Proficiency with automation and advanced testing methods preferred.
- BS Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Communications, BA in Project Management, Business Intelligence, or QA related field preferred.
- Passion for video games.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.