Prudential Financial - Lead Data Engineer - Direct Hire [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: EST | Full day overlap)
- SALARY: $150,000 – $175,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
THE OPPORTUNITYWhat you’ll be working on
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for their customers and employees worldwide. Their organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; they use their combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in their culture where digital transformation is built into their DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Data Tech team at Prudential Financial is looking for a Full Stack Data Engineer to join a diverse team dedicated to providing best in class data services to our customers, stakeholders and partners.
As a part of our CDO organization, you will work with our Data/ML Engineers, Data Scientist and various BUs to define solutions for operationalizing data-driven decision making in a cost effective and scalable manner.
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable architecture and code.
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality of high scale web applications and services.
- Design and build highly performant function-based API's
- Participate in the architecture and system design discussions
- Independently perform hands on development and unit testing of the applications;
- Collaborate with the development team and build individual components into complex enterprise web systems;
- Work in a team environment with product, frontend design, production operation, QE/QA and cross functional teams to deliver a project throughout the whole software development cycle;
- Responsible to identify and resolve any performance issues
- Keep up to date with new technology development and implementation
- Participate in code review to make sure standards and best practices are met
- 5+ years of experience as Full stack developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience implementing, supporting data lakes, data warehouses and data applications on AWS for large enterprises
- AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Big Data Certification preferred
- Programming experience with Python is a must; Java/Scala is a nice to have
- Solid experience of AWS services such as CloudFormation, S3, Glue, EMR/Spark, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, Lambda, Step Functions, IAM, KMS, SM etc.
- Solid experience implementing solutions on AWS based data lakes.
- Experience developing business applications using NoSQL/SQL databases.
- Experience working with Object stores(S3) and JSON is must have
- Should have good experience with AWS Services - API Gateway, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, DynamoDB, S3, ElasticSearch.
- Serverless application development using AWS Lambda.
- Experience implementing metadata solutions leveraging AWS non-relational data solutions such as ElastiCache and DynamoDB.
- Working experience with Hadoop, HDFS, SQOOP, Hive, Python, and Spark is desired Experience working on Agile projects
- Experience with ADOBE CDP integrations
- Worked with customer related datasets
- Experience in Snowflake technology
- Experience in React JS / Node JS
- Experience in designing microservices/APIs
- Aware of Machine learning algorithms (supervised/unsupervised)
- Awareness of data virtualization tools such as Denodo.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.