At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Project Controls Analyst III – Scheduler/ Planner
What You’ll Do:
- Provide schedule development, maintenance, reporting and coordination to programs and work centers.
- Provide assistance and guidance to program manager (PM), technical leads and control account managers (CAM) in developing appropriate schedule tasks, work-flow planning, summary roll-up tasks and accurate status.
- Resource load schedule in support of labor analysis and 'what-if' analysis.
- Establish the schedule baseline for the program.
- Develop the schedule key metrics and reports and have approved by the PM for use on the program. Review the metrics and variances with the PM and key program personnel at least monthly.
- Develop all necessary schedule reports to present the data in a timely and consistent manner. Conduct a meeting with the PM to review the schedule status and review the schedule reports.
- Understand the earned value reporting requirements on the programs.
- Establish the IMS for the program with each Control Account Manager and program leads.
- Establish and maintain schedule traceability to the earned value reporting system.
- Provide support to the Project Controls Cost Analyst with the earned value Quantifiable Backup Data (QBD) development and status and provide other schedule information as required to support the financial and earned value reporting.
- Provide support to the PCA, PM and CAM as required. This includes the quarterly EAC forecasting, periodic rolling wave planning, updated resource requirements for BART, and other support as deemed necessary.
- Review with the PM upcoming resource requirements for the program, including labor and non-labor (facilities, testing areas, production operations, etc.) critical resources.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of recovery schedules as required on the program.
- Support the PM and CAM's with schedules as required for contract changes and what-if analysis.
- Support the CAM with variance analysis requirements as it pertains to the schedule, including problem identification, schedule and resource impact, and corrective actions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in related field plus 4 years or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.