Programmer Analyst Specialist at FIS (Houston, TX)
About the team:
Our Professional Services teams consist of banking and finance industry specialists with technical programming and business consulting skills. You will work for the LFI (Large Financial Institution) team upgrading, implementing, and/or maintaining Systematics core products for our clients.
What you will be doing:
• Works with a team in all stages of software delivery.
• May lead small teams and/or mentor less experienced analysts.
• Programming Systematics (SI) Mainframe applications (AM, GN, IM, RM, ST.)
• May interact directly with clients' line of business or technical resource.• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.• Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.• Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.• May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
•Technical experience with Systematics applications and architecture.
•Proficient in software development, conversions, and/or upgrades.
•Experienced working independently as well as within small to large project teams.• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development.• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources.• Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills.• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
Added bonus if you have:
• Experience with GN Web Services and API Coding.• Experience with Systematics IM, ST, AM, RM, GN applications.• Technical team lead experience.• CICS application experience.• Experience with multiple Systematics clients.
What we offer you:
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Expert technical role. Expert knowledge of the field. Develops large and/or highly complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or technical leader/consultant. Works on complex tasks, projects or issues that involve a high degree of risk, impacts business unit performance and makes use of the individuals' high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires twelve or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with many projects as the application development system designer or technical lead on "very large" projects, i.e., projects with duration of more than 10,000 hours or spanning more than six months.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.