As the world works and lives faster, FIS is leading the way. Our fintech solutions touch nearly every market, company and person on the planet. Our teams are inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues work together and celebrate together. If you want to advance the world of fintech, we'd like to ask you: Are you FIS?
About the role: The role of the Extended Account Analysis (XAA) associates is to complete all support, development, and conversion related activities for two applications at FIS. These applications are XAA and Vector Connexion/EDI. XAA is the largest of these two applications. XAA is a complex billing system for commercial accounts. XAA's customers are typically larger financial institutions that process clients that are commercial accounts.
About the team: The XAA/EDI team consists of 22 people that are Business Analysts, Open Systems technicians, two Project Managers, and 5 Mainframe technicians. The XAA team completes all activities associated with the support and development of the XAA product. This includes funded and strategic development of the product, day-call and night-call support, maintenance, and the conversion of new clients onto the product.
What will you be doing?
- You will be involved in the full systems life cycle.
- This role will involve designing, coding, testing, debugging, implementing, maintaining
- and supporting complex programming and analysis to ensure that applications software is delivered on time and within budget
- You will work closely with customers, business systems analysts, and other team members to ensure that the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions, are well understood, and documented
- Ensure technical solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural and security standards
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 8 - 10+ years of programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of COBOL programming required with general understanding of batch file processing
- Knowledge of DB2 database management systems required
- Knowledge of IBM z/OS operating environment, including JCL, TSO, ISPF, SYNCSORT, Expediter, Insync, and VSAM helpful
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously that have varying degrees of complexity, while continuing to meet project deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills that build and contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Maintain, test, integrate and enhance application components
- Ensure all system improvements are implemented seamlessly and successfully
- Analyze business requirements and translate into technical product designs and estimates
- Write clear technical documentation intended for both technical and non-technical audiences
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical and functional professionals
- Excels in technical, functional and client focused environments
- Excellent communication and customer service skills that build and contribute to high levels of satisfaction for team, internal and external customers
- Provide technical application support for day-call and night-call on a rotating schedule
What we offer:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the chance to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.