Programmer Analyst Senior at FIS (Houston, TX)
About the team:
Our team supports the Consumer Lending core of Bank of the West, i.e., the Systematics (FIS) application ALS (AM/loan servicing), and also the 3rd party vendor applications CACS, SR and BL (Collection System) and (LV) Lease Master.
We engage with our client to understand their business and technology needs and find creative solutions to deliver premium and customized processes tailored to meet both their and their customer's needs.
What you will be doing:
You will be collaborating with a team of talented Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts to support our client's core banking platform in both production and development environments.
You will architect, design, develop, and test creative solutions to complex technical challenges. You will provide technical leadership and expertise to quickly resolve time-sensitive problems in a production processing environment. Review additional responsibilities below.
• Provides application software development services or technical support in a mainframe batch and CICS online environment.
• Analyzes requirements, translates business requirements into product designs, develops COBOL code, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes into software applications.
• Suggests technical and non-technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
What you bring:
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Experience with one or more components of the Systematics application suite and/or other mainframe financial services applications.
• Experience developing with COBOL in mainframe batch and CICS online environments.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
• Excellent leadership, problem-solving, team and time management skills.
Added bonus if you have:
• Familiarity of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, agile/iterative and other modern approaches to software development.
• Knowledge of COBOL programming language.
• Endevor Mainframe Environment.
• Experience with non-mainframe application programming.
• Code Connect; API, Web Services, Regulatory Compliance experience would be beneficial.
• Exemplary, written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent Documentation skills.
What we offer you:
• A competitive salary and benefits.
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with at least one project as the application development technical lead on a "large" project, i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than four months.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.