Programmer Analyst, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a June 27, 2022 start.
About The Team
You will be a member of a team that is responsible for the architecture, installation, configuration, and operation of tools used by FIS development teams around the world. The team installs and configures tools for source management, build, issue tracking, and code quality. They integrate the tools with other corporate systems, help teams adopt them, and help automate and troubleshoot operations. The team you'll be working with uses these same tools in their own processes, so you will be working with some of the latest tools and technologies in software development.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will develop innovative solutions that support continuous improvement and modernization of company products.
- Works on designing and implementing tools and integrations for our global software development platform
- Learn to understand multiple programming languages and technologies, as required.
- Manages individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Collaborates effectively with other team members.
- Delivers software components by working in collaboration with others on the team.
- Collaborates with other development and technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Follows existing process guidelines; drives new processes, procedures, team rules, and best practices.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Added Bonus If You Have
- Programming languages/Technologies: Java, Python, npm, nuget
- Scripting Languages: Bash, Powershell, Groovy
- Familiarity with source control systems like GitHub, BitBucket, TFS (Azure DevOps)
- Familiarity with build tools like msbuild, ant, maven, jenkins
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- FIS will pay off participants' principal student loan balance over 10 years of service. Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program for US participants.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.