Program Analyst at Fearless (Baltimore, MD)
Fearless is looking for a Program Analyst to add to our diverse team of 180+ employees (and counting!).
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking to change the world by building software with a soul, and we want your help.
This role is responsible for providing analytical support for various projects so that programs remain on time and on budget. This role gathers and analyzes data to develop reports with recommendations for improvement. The Program Analyst tracks program performance and identifies any issues that require resolutions. This role brings problem-solving and analytical skills to help all projects ultimately achieve success.
What you should know:
- The position is operating remotely during COVID-19. We value our culture and connection, plus flexibility to work from home. We are currently designing hybrid options
- Our office is located in the Spark Building in Baltimore!
- To protect our Fearless community, and in consideration of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and a variety of public health authorities, Fearless is implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our full workforce. This vaccine mandate will help keep our people and our community safe through this ongoing health crisis.
- All new employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations for qualified exemption requests will be considered
We need your analysis skills! What other skills will help you succeed at Fearless? Glad you asked! We’re excited about candidates who can accomplish:
Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Executes and implements tasks and solutions within the Finance group in direct support of Programs.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure staffing and level of effort are within budget to best meet the requirements of our contracts.
- Monitors and controls the budget for various programs and projects.
- Ensures all programs/projects are on time and on budget.
- Communicates with various customers (Contract Officers, CORs, etc.) on a project budget and timeline.
- Provides overall financial project management and analytical support to 15+ project teams.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and compliance reviews as requested.
- Participates in the proposal pricing process, including analyzing requirements and building cost volumes at the opportunity level.
- Ensures actions under review are thoroughly reviewed for accuracy and that any errors, issues, or omissions are fully documented.
- Gathers and documents requirements for performance reporting on internal metrics as well as any necessary external/internal data calls.
- Gathers and summarizes data for the preparation and submission of recurring status reports.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Experience with project management or program analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of budget execution and monthly financial reporting.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to independently review and provide feedback to senior leadership.
- Ability to track many independent and interrelated funded projects accurately and consistently.
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, build relationships, and influence others.
- Ability to work well in a group and cross-functional team environment.
- Experience using Google Suite and other various tools used by Fearless, including Unanet ERP, Slack, Zoom.
We believe in paying people fairly, so we've established a compensation model that ensures everyone at Fearless — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or negotiation skills — is given equal pay for equal work.
So, what’s next?
Over the years, we’ve honed a 3-step interview process that helps ensure that every employee we hire is the right fit for us and that we’re the right fit for them. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch and start scheduling your interviews!
- Culture Ad Interview - We’re a people-first company, so we always start off by getting to know more about you, how you work, what your career goals are, and what you’re passionate about. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Fearless, so don’t be shy!
- Technical Interview - This is where we get into the nitty gritty of the project. During the Technical Interview, you’ll be interviewed by our Passion Coaches and/or the team’s Project Lead to make sure your skills align with the project requirements.
- Business Interview - At this point, you’ve made it to the final frontier! The Business Interview is when you’ll meet with Fearless leadership to dot the i’s, cross the t’s, and determine whether or not we’ll be moving forward with the hiring process.
Our people make us who we are. We believe that every member of the Fearless team has something to share, and we value the unique viewpoint you’ll bring to our community. But we value your community, too, so we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility that our team members need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Flexible schedule
- Family-friendly workplace
- 3 weeks accrued PTO + 1 week sick leave + 10 federal holidays + your birthday off
- 100% coverage of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan and Employee Wellness Plan
- Tech, education / training, and snack allowances
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore / public transit coverage
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Fearless is a full-stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. It's our mission to build software with a soul — tools that empower communities and make a difference — so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
That’s not our only goal, though. We also strive to create a purple culture that makes our employees excited to come to work every day. That’s why we encourage our employees to pursue their passions, both in and out of the office. With built-in company mentoring, continuing education support, flexible schedules, and a family-friendly work environment, we’ve created a culture that allows our team to thrive professionally and personally.
Fearless believes in equal opportunity employment. We won’t discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we’re committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, our clients, our subcontractors, and our vendors.