Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Security Operations Team
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Operations Team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we go to battle against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
What you’ll be doing:
The Security Operations group is a multi-functional organization that includes Trust & Safety, CSIRT, Threat Intelligence and Insider Threat. As the product policy advisor you’ll report into Trust and Safety and be responsible for product policy development for user generated content across our soon to be launched NFT marketplace, user generated asset reviews, and a slew of upcoming products. You should have a deep understanding and interest in content moderation, blockchain technology, decentralized applications (dApp), and NFTs. While no two days will end up looking the same you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Develop rules, policies and standards for new Coinbase products and features eg. NFT marketplacet, user generated asset ratings and reviews, and a Dapp browser and app store
- Craft community guidelines that are interpretable to the average Coinbase user
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including legal, operations, product and other internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for product policy issues
- Produce and present internal communications for leadership to inform them of ongoing situations, and provide recommendations and decision support
- Draft detailed enforcement guidelines for content reviewers — collaborating with operations and product teams on implementation
What we look for in you:
Some security teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, years of experience, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team rather than the acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these points seem like a good description of you:
- 5+ years drafting product policy on hairy content moderation issues
- You have familiarity with blockchain, decentralized applications (dApp), and NFTs
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You can translate complex issues into a concise and compelling narrative
Nice to haves:
- Expert knowledge of the NFT market
- You would bring a diverse perspective to the team: for example, maybe you took an unconventional route to get into your current product policy role
- You’ve done some program management work and are not afraid to help on the implementation of the policies you craft
- You’ve worked with product and engineering teams directly to impact their roadmap
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.