Product Manager at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI)
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual, the ECS multi year strategy initiative - The National Training Program seeks to create a field learning experience that is digitally enabled, data driven, includes a curated curriculum, and is delivered at scale from Milwaukee! Based on early positive feedback, business leaders chose to select the rollout in 2022 to 70 offices as an AIP target and expect to charge offices a fee by 2023 for this service.
The absence of this position creates a significant risk in the migration to the new LMS solution and therefore a risk in our ability to scale NTP to all offices by end 2022. Our NTP business partners are relying heavily upon an expedited and successful LMS implementation which will serve as the anchor to the greater digital learning ecosystem / Advisor development experience.
Dig deep into a specific business area and help define the details of how to drive business results through technology. Work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to deliver on outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 Years Prior Experience in industry or business.
- Ability to lean on strong communication skills to influence outcomes while approaching conflict with organizational savviness.
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past.
- Certifications demonstrating mastery of role specific competencies.
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgment and precedents.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Business Expertise: Partner with peer group, business partners and product management to learn business area/domain, while continuing to learn and grow knowledge across the enterprise.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain. Assist with task-based work items in more complex situations.
- Gather Requirements: Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with low to medium complexity while participating in some task-based work in higher complexity situations. Assist throughout the development process as required.
- Test Plan Review: Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans for smaller or non-complex efforts. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.)
- Project Management : Use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work.
- Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
- Assess & document current state, future state and gap analysis for business processes and solutions
- Translate business needs & requirements from business collaborators and other collaborators into features
- Authoring User Stories and/or features including acceptance criteria for the development team
- Collaborate with the PM/PO on roadmap and feature priorities
- Ability to communicate to internal business collaborators, Field Members, Engineering, Design, Compliance, etc.
- Review & complete test plans and test cases
- Active participant in all Agile ceremonies
- Experience in: Industry LMS, LMS Administrator, Digital Learning, Client builder, Data analyst, Analytics, and Business Analyst experience.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.