- Drive new products from initial proof of concept through to mass production.
- Generate mechanical solutions for a wide variety of product requirements relevant to enterprise hardware (mounting, sealing, environmental resistance, thermals, tamper resistance, etc).
- Collaborate with our Electrical Engineering team to integrate PCBAs, sensors, interconnects, and other electro-mechanical elements into your designs.
- Collaborate with our Industrial Design team to explore, prototype & test new product concepts. Collaborate with ID to finalize product form & CMF.
- Work with mechanical vendors to dial in DFM/DFA, then quote & kick-off parts at prototype and production quantities. Own tooling release, bring up and validation for a broad variety of parts & processes.
- Develop, manage & execute mechanical reliability test plans and various DoEs. Assist with failure analysis and root cause analysis; troubleshoot, iterate, and validate quickly.
- Work closely with our JDM and CM partners to steer your product concepts through validation builds (EVT, DVT, PVT) & into mass production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years of experience designing and manufacturing enterprise or consumer electronic products
- Mastery of 3D CAD software.
- Experience getting hands-on with building & testing hardware.
- Strong understanding & intuition regarding strength of materials, thermodynamics, and manufacturing. We value both breadth and depth.
- Experience integrating thermal management solutions, optics and/or electronics into your mechanical designs.
- Experience working with an Asian supply chain.
- Experience working with part vendors on DFM, tooling bring up and validation.
- Experience designing products for harsh environments.
- Passion for designing aesthetically pleasing but easy to use hardware. Experience working directly with Industrial Designers. Knowledge of CMF specs.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits