New hires in office-based roles in the U.S. & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine partnership with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We partner internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Reporting to the Product Line Lead for Quality and Compliance within the Get to Market Value / Sustain on Market Team, the Product/Business Analyst will be part of the Quality and Compliance product model working specifically on technology products for Quality Assurance and Regulatory. Under the leadership of the product technical owner the incumbent will work closely with business partners to design and develop solutions for the defined business.
- Responsible for driving requirements gathering and definition and translating them into focused solutions.
- Lead the development of new features, functional/user requirements, solution mockup, prototypes by collaborating with Product Manager in support of new or existing business processes
- Facilitate discussions/workshops with business partners to understand current and future state processes/requirements
- Work closely the with configuration teams to design quality management solutions with an eye towards effective user experience
- Drive user adoption and value realization of our available IT platforms
- Work directly with business to derive new solutions
- Partner with internal and external IT organizations to ensure the delivery of technology products
- Contribute, in collaboration with the Product Manager, to application roadmaps and strategic planning for application expansion and new capabilities
- Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, and Science or in a related field
- Minimum 3 years with large scale validated scientific computer systems
- Minimum of 2 years of business analysis
- Minimum 2 years of SDLC documentation and solution delivery with GxP systems
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business problems and identify appropriate technology solution(s)
- Strong teamwork and partnership skills
- Drive for results augmented by strong planning and organization skills
- Deliver customer value - dedicated to understanding and meeting customer needs
- Partners effectively with and through others to achieve common goals
- Strong Communication skills for verbal, written, and technical presentations
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity
- Has worked with Content Management Systems (i.e. Veeva QualityDocs, OpenText) and Quality Management Systems (SAP PLM, TrackWise, MetricStream, and/or Veeva QMS)
- Preferred experience in Quality IT and relevant business areas. Nice to have experience in Clinical, Regulatory, and/or Safety IT and relevant business areas
- Experience designing, developing, and reporting on User Acceptance Testing
- Worked with architecture, integration, and interfaces
- Worked on inspection and audits
- Has worked with on premise, Cloud capabilities, and software as a service (SaaS)
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today..
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: