Product Analytics Engineer at Squarespace
The Product Data team focuses on understanding Squarespace customers’ behavior and success across the entire product suite. The team collaborates with product analysts, product managers, and product engineers to collect, transform, and deliver insights and data products.
This Analytics Engineer role will be joining an established Product Data team alongside data engineers and data scientists. This role will be instrumental in modeling data for analytics purposes, ideally for broad consumption through reporting tools. This will require working closely with partners in the Product organization to understand challenges and develop impactful solutions.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Partner with Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and decision makers to understand business context and translate stakeholder needs into data solutions
- Design, build, and maintain critical data pipelines and self-service tooling to provide accurate, efficient outputs
- Monitor daily job execution as well as identify data discrepancies to ensure timely and quality outputs
- Define data models and implement ETL code improvements to reflect product questions, execute efficiency and ensure data quality
- Build Looker data models and modify views/explores to support reporting and analysis
- Experience designing data models, authoring and orchestrating complex ETL jobs and building visualizations to provide self-service datasets, metrics and insights
- Mastery of SQL and at least one BI reporting tool (Looker/LookML, Tableau, Chartio)
- Familiarity with Python and one or more tools for data storage and access (BigQuery, Postgres, Presto, Redshift), pipeline management and orchestration (Airflow, dbt) or version control (git)
- Exposure to event driven datasets and product development lifecycle
- Experience working with technical and non-technical partners
- Outcomes-oriented and passionate about enabling data-driven decisions
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.