Procurement Data Analyst at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
The Procurement Data Analyst will be responsible for identifying real opportunities to reduce costs or improve service levels to improve the long-term value to Informa.
Leading and managing the interface between the business and Procurement Operations they will enable the business to ensure maximum benefits are realised and strategic objectives are achieved.
Working with senior management they will enable ongoing sharing of spend data dashboards, tracking of projects and perform appropriate data analysis that will help the GS Procurement team deliver on their targets.
Through our unique visibility across the Group act as a Procurement Champion, ensure Procurement best practices are known within the business and processes, systems, tools and techniques are documented and maintained.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce procurement MI reports with high standard, in terms of data integrity, completeness, timeliness, and business rules consistency
- Develop and maintain a central repository, to ensure that key information can be presented, cross referenced and shared with the Procurement team, handling changes due to Group financial reporting aspects
- Develop and implement filtering, cleansing and data mapping ‘rules’ by reviewing source system reports and secondary data sources in order to produce Procurement dashboards
- Ensure the frequency and ease of execution for the combined business procurement MI reporting process
- Build & manage relationships with the wider GS Procurement team, understand business requirements to help them realise and track saving opportunities
- Regularly analyse the unique spend data we generate for the whole company to identify and secure the benefits of Informa’s scale as a group
- Maintain the Operations Tracker to ensure that strategic projects and GS renewals are being correctly monitored, tracked and savings are being reported
- Contribute to and assume responsibility for some of the GS tracked suppliers
- Savings audit: prepare procurement savings documentation for the Head of Procurement Operations to review and sign off ensuring cost savings are recorded according to a savings methodology and agree back to the reported figures
- Define and document best practice (processes, systems, tools and techniques) and glossary of terms to enhance financial processes and tracking of cost savings within Group Procurement
- Handle ad hoc spend data queries from Head of Procurement Operations, the Procurement Team and wider business including updating the Renewal Tracker
- Assist with collaborating with the Procurement Operations team to include new data sources in spend models and lead data visualisation projects
- Support Proposal/Quotes (RFP/RFQs) or bidding processes/tenders with appropriate spend data, selection criteria and scoring analysis
- Identify and suggest new improvement opportunities to enhance financial reporting, best practise, processes and controls within Procurement Operations
- Perform various other tracking and analysis including Stakeholder management/mapping, maintaining a PSL (Preferred Supplier List), risk management, internal communication and sustainability goals
We're looking for someone with a good head for numbers, as well as attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to communicate complex ideas. Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, plus the ability to problem solve, manage change and present the Procurement (and wider) team with PACE* information in a timely manner is essential.
* PACE is an interactive, user friendly spend dashboard created by Procurement Operations presenting supplier spend data for the whole of Informa from data held in separate finance systems
- Data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, QlikView
- Data analysis tools such as SQL, Access, Alteryx, IDEA
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, CODA and data extraction from these systems
- Training in the technical tools used is available where required, but prior experience will assist in differentiating between candidates.
- Proven work experience as a data analyst is essential and technical expertise regarding data models, database design and segmentation techniques is desirable.
ROLE KEY COMPETENCIES
- Mathematical and Analytical
- Attention to detail
- Technical Skills
- Results oriented
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Player
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.