Privacy Analyst (48/hr) [Secret Needed] at AITHERAS, LLC (Washington DC)
Location: Ft. Belvoir
Position: Full Time or contract
Compensation: 68K as FTE - 48/hr as 1099
Clearance Needed: Secret
The Records Management and Declassification Agency (RMDA) has Headquarters Department of Army (HQDA) level responsibility for the Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS) and related programs including: Army Freedom of Information Act, Army Privacy, Joint Services Records Research, and Declassification of Army Records.
The Records Management portion of this requirement is in response to the Presidential Memorandum Managing Government Records (28 November 2011). The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) issued a directive (M-12-18) requiring all federal agencies to eliminate paper recordkeeping and transition to electronic records management. Explicit tasks, milestones, and reporting requirements were included in the M-12-18 directive.
In order to comply with both memorandums, additional Records Management support is required. In fulfilling the Presidential directive, the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army (AASA) was designated the Senior Agency Official (SAO) for Records Management to oversee and review the ARIMS Program. The SAO assigned RMDA the responsibility to develop Electronic Records Management policy and procedures for the Army.
- FOIA/Privacy Claims Processing Support. Records research support will also apply to the FOIA and Privacy office. Utilizing FACTS, the contractor shall provide RMDA on-site FOIA/PA records analytical and research support. This support will include assisting in the resolution of FOIA/PA requests, preparing written reports, briefings, and other correspondence as required, analyzing other DoD Information Systems for FOIA/PA compliance, and compiling assessment reports on analysis conducted over 2,500 systems.
- In the area of Privacy, the contractor shall process PII (Personally Identifiable Information) breach reports and review System of Record Notices (SORNs) for all Army agencies. These tasks shall be processed through RMDAs PATS (Privacy Act Tracking System) and SORN applications. PATS is the enterprise Army application for all PII breach reporting and the SORN application is an internal application with RMDA that tracks all SORNs for the Army. SORNs are reviewed every two to three years.
- The contractor shall provide research and analyst support to design and implement a process to ensure compliance of policy pertaining to Freedom of Information Act and Privacy with the Agency. This will include developing a process to ensure that the field is provided with the latest policy and guidance pertaining to the Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army (OAA) publications. This support shall include the following: (1) evaluation of RMDA/Army practices and procedures; (2) monitoring compliance of Army organizations; (3) participating in study groups; and (4) preparing and presenting training materials to update the field. The contractor shall provide a dedicated technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure compliance of updated policies in a timely manner.
-The ability to work collaboratively with Records Experts and Information Systems Professionals from various agencies;
-The ability to proof, revise, and edit reports, articles, manuals, specifications, presentation materials, and other technical documents for Government approval; use rough outlines and resource materials and interpret information obtained through research or provided by technical specialists; apply knowledge of AIS documentation content and format standards to prepare, edit and publish technical materials;
- System of Record Notice/Paperwork Reduction Act (SORN/PRA);
- SORN development and review;
- Knowledge of Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) for systems;
- Experience with complying with DoD breach requirements; and
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development