Principal Research Scientist, Autonomy Research at Motional
The Autonomy Research team is looking to add a Principal Research Scientist to help us build data-driven models for Perception, Prediction, and Planning. Your models will help us understand surrounding traffic, predict what other road users will do, and determine how to drive. Your machine learning, data analytics, and applied mathematics experience will inform your pragmatic approach to making a more intelligent autonomous vehicle. Does this sound like you?
What you'll be doing:
- Design, implement, and evaluate state-of-the-art ML models for planning, decision making, and motion prediction
- Relentlessly drive ideas from conception to on-car impact
- Present results to colleagues and publish at conferences
- Influence our technical direction and research plans
What we're looking for:
- MS or PhD in computer science, robotics, or similar field, with 5+ years practical experience in robotics, machine learning, and analysis of large data sets
- In-depth understanding of common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms, and their application to real-world systems
- Fluency in Python, including standard deep learning and scientific computing libraries
- Excellent skills developing software in a team setting
- Excellent skills for working with large data sets
- Strong applied math background
- Experience developing machine learning solutions for autonomous vehicles or robots
Why you should join us:
- Publications and patents encouraged (e.g., https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298, https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.15004, https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.11810)
- Opportunity to contribute across multiple disciplines (perception, prediction, planning).
- Speaking opportunities are encouraged and supported
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.