Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking to hire a Principal Analyst with strong technical and leadership skills to own our go-to-market contact segmentation model and strategy. Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics excite you? Using your business instincts and creativity, you will support an outstanding product with nuanced analysis, meaningful insights, and strong recommendations. We're growing quickly, so you'll need to help define, implement, and scale the systems and processes for sustainable growth across the marketing and analytics organizations. If you love finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong, then this role could be a great fit!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical partners across Marketing and Product to optimize our existing cross-sell / up-sell segmentation strategy
- Expand the segmentation model to focus on new sales motions such as user expansion, churn prevention, and event registration
- Find ways to measure the incrementality of segmentation through experimentation and funnel analysis
- Empower marketing partners by giving them the ability to self-serve segmentation insights using Tableau dashboards
- Apply creative analytical problem-solving skills to a wide variety of marketing questions to deepen our understanding around the potential and propensity of each Atlassian customer and contact
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8 + years of experience in analytics or closely related fields
- 4 + years of experience in segmentation (ideally go-to-market)
- 2 + years of experience in attribution, incrementality, and/or experimentation
- A proven track record for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content
- The ability to prioritize your time wisely against multiple competing projects and requests
- Familiarity with a broad set of topics and fields within marketing analytics (e.g., campaign attribution/effectiveness, web tracking, customer lifecycle marketing, etc.)
- Comfort with structuring and coaching others to work through open-ended business questions through analytics
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methods as needed
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working with operations team(s), IT, Data Engineering, and Marketing Operations
- Experience with marketing automation systems such as Marketo, and customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with customer data platforms (CDP) such as Action IQ
- Experience with at least one visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, Plotly, etc.
- Experience with scripting and analysis languages (Python, R)
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity with statistics and probability
More about our team
Atlassian is over a decade old, but our team is much younger. We'll have to blaze new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. We're able to distill highly complex analytical terminology and concepts into easily consumable language, and we interface directly with marketing teams to transmit that knowledge effectively. We've been described as scrappy, but thorough, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables moving fast while still ensuring quality deliverables. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.