This is an opportunity to join our fast-growing Security Intelligence Platform team to develop cutting-edge risk-based authentication and authorization policies. We are looking for senior machine learning engineers who can help architect and own the platform for deploying and optimizing the machine learning models used to protect user authentication and security. They will also own the pipeline which needs to process hundreds of millions of events per day and provide results back to the authentication system to make real-time risk evaluation during user authentication. This project has a directive from engineering leadership to make OKTA a leader in the use of data and machine learning to improve end-user security.
We hope you will share our passion and great pride in the work we do and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation cloud platforms.
Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership of the architecture, platform of a continuous delivery pipeline for developing, deploying, and maintaining machine learning models in production.
- Work with Data Scientists to help improve their productivity and implement their ideas
- Design and maintain new data processing pipelines to support new decision and scoring models
- Analyze performance metrics and logs to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve scalability and performance
- Research production issues using tools such as Splunk, Wavefront, CloudWatch, etc
- Maintain and enhance our performance monitoring and analysis telemetry, frameworks, and tools
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years experience building enterprise grade highly reliable, mission-critical software or big data systems
- 3+ years experience deploying ML models in production environments serving with low latency.
- 3+ years of experience with ML development systems: Sagemaker, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, or similar build tools
- 3+ experience with common machine learning techniques such as pre-processing data, training and evaluation of classification and regression models, and statistical evaluation of experimental data.
- 3+ years experience with streaming systems: MQ, Kafka, Storm, Spark, etc.
- Experience with the data toolchains: EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue or similar
- Advanced Python programming
- Working knowledge of AWS Lambda, and API Gateway including production deployment
- Java or Scala development
- Jupyter Notebook Kernel maintenance
- Experience with Flink, Snowflake, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.