Principal Engineer, ML Data Platform at Zscaler
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 10 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator).
The Internet of Things(IoT) is fast becoming a great platform for bad actors to launch sophisticated attacks. Zscaler, the creator of the Zero Trust Exchange platform is looking for talented engineers to help expand the capabilities of the largest security cloud on the planet to secure and neutralize threats emerging from the Internet of Things. As part of the IoT security team, you’ll help build a world-class machine learning platform that can help identify, classify and secure IoT devices with autonomous policies.
- Build large-scale distributed systems to support the Machine Learning pipeline, including data collection, feature engineering, model training, model evaluation, model deployment, and real-time service.
- Apply analytical skills to transform data and ensure results are coherent and reliable.
- Solve complex real-world business problems (e.g., device classification, anomaly detection, automation, and business intelligence) by working closely with various stakeholders including data scientists, product management, and product engineering teams.
- Very strong algorithm, data structure, computer science foundation.
- 12+ years of experience building quality software by writing robust interfaces, considering design principles, and applying sound testing practices.
- 8+ years of experience in Python and Linux.
- 8+ years of experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google.
- Industry experience building distributed, serverless and microservice architectures.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with event messaging such as Google-PubSub, Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.
- Demonstrated experience scaling elasticsearch and logstash clusters.
- Demonstrated experience setting up and scaling distributed data stores like DynamoDB, RDS, BigQuery, Spark.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn, evaluate, and adopt new technologies fast.
- Data science and ML background, and tremendous curiosity in how the data can and will be utilized by the data scientist.
- Familiarity with networking and network security.
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning related toolset/frameworks, such as Numpy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.