Principal Data Scientist at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We are here for the better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We are changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership. We have rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their personal choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve together.Job Description
As a Principal Data Scientist you will be responsible for building AI and Data Science models and combining them with existing business processes to drive business value and growth. You will need to be able to understand how data science works in a business, turn data into insights, meaningfully measure results, and communicate the models and insights to stakeholders.
This role will have a significant impact on the success of our data science projects ranging from choosing which projects should be undertaken, to delivering the highest quality solutions, ultimately enabling our business processes and products with AI and Data Science solutions.
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming, data modeling, and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions, and making valuable discoveries
- Understand and analyze data sources including sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage
- Be able to explain approaches and results to a variety of audiences
- Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners
- Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale projects
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity
- Collaborate with data engineers to identify data preparation, cleansing, and ETL pipelines
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- Validate model performance and business outcomes
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant industry experience with BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
Preferred Education & Experience
- MS in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Artificial Intelligence
- The candidate should have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in using data science to solve business problems
- Evidence of proven delivery of business value using data
- Experience designing unsupervised machine learning algorithms using big data sets
- Experience with Python, R, SQL, SFDC, Tableau, and various data science platforms
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $129,900/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.