LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Analyzing and drawing insights from large scale conversational datasets
- Choosing between many available state-of-the-art methods and tools, and consistently finding the most effective, efficient, stable, explainable, and where possible, simple approaches
- Designing and building modern, flexible pipelines and services for delivering and navigating insights
- Bringing research-driven models to life within production systems
- Creating durable, flexible scientific deployment and experimentation capabilities
- Work on challenging unsupervised and semi-supervised problems related to intent and dialog management, and create pipelines to accelerate and scale this effort
- Using and presenting research findings in ways that inform and sometimes guide business and product strategy
- Collaborating on writing research articles for external publication where appropriate
Your qualifications are:
- Masters/PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Machine Learning or a related field, or BSc + Experience
- Analysis, problem-solving, communication, and critical-thinking skills
- Core strength in Statistical models, e.g., for significance testing, forecasting, regression, hypothesis testing, record-linkage
- Understanding of ML fundamentals, ideally including Deep Learning
- Strong hands-on programming skills, e.g., Python, R, SQL, any major OO languages
- Experience with frameworks for Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning, Distributed Computing (Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Ability to efficiently write, test, monitor, and improve production-quality code
- Curiosity and interest in learning new applications and tooling
- Ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment, as well as providing strong individual contributions
- Production ML evaluation and monitoring performance once completed
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.