Principal Data Quality Engineer at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, rapid growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payer industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We're growing quickly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
Do you have a passion for data quality and QA? Our Engineering team is looking for motivated, versatile, and naturally curious QA data engineers that are excited about using cutting edge cloud technology to better the US healthcare industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for QA data engineers to introduce data quality checks for micro batch and streaming workloads, and leverage statistical and machine learning approaches to discover lack of completeness and/or correctness of the data. Help us to catch data quality and integrity issues early in our data pipelines to help us scale our data operations and MDM, and ultimately create the most trusted fit-for-purpose data sets our clients can leverage to make healthcare decisions. If you are looking to learn and lead best data engineering and data quality practices, become an expert in cloud IaaS and PaaS, and work at an innovative, fast-paced technology company disrupting the healthcare industry... you’ve found it.
What We’re Looking For:
- High curiosity and innate problem solving mindset.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline.
- 2+ years in Data Quality engineering. Experience building QA/QC/Data rules, enabling standardization of data, data integrity checks, detect statisitical anomolies, and ensuring the completeness and correctness of data
- Experience creating QC Dashboards to report on the quality of the data for stakeholders
- Experience detecting and correcting data anomalies using statistical (longitudinal) and machine learning approaches
- Experience working with healthcare or health insurance data
- 1+ year of commercial software development experience or relevant internships
- 1+ year building or using cloud services in a production environment or internship experience (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc).
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to overcome complex, often ambiguous, technical problems.
- Familarity with data querying/profiling languages like SQL
- Challenge the status quo: outside the box problem solving acumen.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will teach and be taught.
- Professionals who thrive when owning problems end-to-end and be willing to learn the skills and knowledge to accomplish organizational goals.
- Go-getter with self-starter mindset.
- Stays current with new technology and development techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong analytical, problem solving, organization and prioritization skills
Not required, but nice to have:
- Knowledge with cutting edge technologies such as Serverless, Terraform, Lambda, EKS, Kubernetes, SQS, Airflow, Athena, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Spark, Massive Parallel Processing platforms (MPP)
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type in regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.