Principal Data Platform Engineer at H-E-B (San Antonio, TX)
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Digital is seeking new team members (Partners)! Since our inception, we've been investing heavily in our customers' digital experience, reinventing how they find inspiration from food, how they make food decisions, and how they ultimately get food into their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital, and we're hiring across the stack: front-end web and mobile, full-stack, and backend engineering. We're using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. Our digital solutions are growing in popularity and adoption-like Curbside and Home Delivery-so you'll get the opportunity to define the user experience for millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of Partners. If you're someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Principal Data Platform Engineer position, that means you have a...
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you can organize multiple engineers, negotiate solutions, and provide upward communication
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you consistently demonstrate and uphold the standards of coding, infrastructure, and process
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you're capable of high-velocity contributions in multiple technical domains
What you will do:
- Implement Infrastructure as code, security, and CI/CD for data pipelines.
- Develop solutions to build and continuously improve monitoring and observability for data pipelines and platform infrastructure
- Build data platform components using hybrid cloud services (AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Implement features to continuously improve data platform performance and security
- Build Real-time data streaming infrastructure
- Create self service tools and experience for all enterprise data engineering teams
Project you will impact:
- Build the data platform that can handle petabytes of data
- Improve the data quality and consumer experience for 100K+ enterprise data consumers
Who you are:
- Hands-on experience in DevOps for cloud infrastructure and data pipelines.
- Expert in SQL, and experienced programmer in one or more than one of the languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Understanding of Big Data and Hybrid Cloud infrastructure. Experienced in more than one of the technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, Spark, Databricks, AWS EMR, S3, Data warehouses (Snowflake, Teradata), AWS and GCP Cloud services
- Experienced in cloud administration and infrastructure as a code (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef)
- Experienced in DevOps tools such as GitLab CI/CD, and Jenkins.
- Up to date on latest technology developments. should be able to evaluate and propose new tooling/solutions for data platform.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of MLOps and Data Engineering
- DevOps Certifications
- Cloud certifications
What Are The Perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- Dental, vision, life, and other insurance plans; flexible spending accounts; short term / long term disability coverage
- Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors by phone
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits
- Funeral leave, jury duty, and military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Maternal/paternal leave for new parents, including adoptions
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online
- Eligibility to participate in 401(k)
- Opportunity to become a "Partner-Owner" after 12 months
Who We Are
We're a Partner-driven company with a Bold Promise - Because People Matter
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and support them with thriving company-wide programs
We're a truly original Texas-based company that created the Spirit of Giving to help Texas communities every day
Once eligible, our Partners become Owners in the company. "Partner-owned" means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company
Hiring in Dallas, Austin, & San Antonio locations!