At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company's potential to thrive by doing what's good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we've created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
Principal Data Engineers will be part of an innovative data team that enables Marketing, Product, Sales, and Finance to explore data and take actions that differentiate us from our competition. You will work closely with other team members like data architects and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, move data from source to target, and design optimal data models.
You will work closely with other team members like data architects and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, move data from source to target, and design optimal data models.
- Design and build facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs in Snowflake/Databricks using dbt/airflow/elt tools
- Develop data model for SaaS Metrics with focus on Revenue and Finance Metrics
- Design Enterprise Data Models for ease of data access, accuracy, and scale
- Develop ELT and implement development best practices applicable for very large and wide data sets
- Work effectively using scrum with multiple team members to deliver analytical solutions.
- Solve immediate production issues with an eye to solve things for long-term
- Drive technical conversations with stakeholders to explore all facets of problem and solution
This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge and can demonstrate best practices in the industry.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience with very large-scale data warehouse projects
- Expert in SaaS metrics for Marketing and Sales
- Experience working in high-growth, fast-paced environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- Experience evaluating new tools and enriching existing architecture.
- Ability to develop product
- Strong Data warehouse knowledge and ability to write complex SQL for processing raw data, data validation and QA
- Experience with Python and manipulation of various data formats for extraction and transformation
- Prior experience working with Snowflake, AWS, S3, Redshift
- Experience with data integration tools technology
- Prior experience in designing data models with Salesforce, Workday, Marketo, Eloqua, and Product Usage logs
- Experience in designing Data Warehouse: Event History, Identity Resolution, Deferred Revenue, Revenue Metrics, Product Usage, Experimentation, Audience
- Very comfortable in designing facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs
- Cross-team collaboration: Data Engineers are part of a team, working with database administrators, data analysts and management and need to be effective communicators.
- Attention to Detail: Databases are complex, and a minute error can cause huge problems.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Data Engineers look at an issue that needs to be solved and come up with solutions quickly.
- Growth Learner: Desire to continue to learn about the future architecture of data technologies.
Check out the following to learn more about this role:
- R&D at OneTrust
- R&D Culture
- About the team
- Why should you join the team
- What makes OneTrust unique
- As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that's just the beginning!).
- Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here's what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We're also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Explore a new country with our short- and long-term global mobility program, and go green with commuter program discounts, and in-office perks (free food, drinks, and happy hours, anybody?).
- Career Development: You're not just joining any company; you're joining the #1 fastest growing company on the 2020 Inc. 500 and the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how - together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You'll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
- When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad - the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry - Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
- OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.