Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Commercial Analytics team is focused on supporting our customers through the design and delivery of solutions for the core business issues faced by today’s commercial organizations. The role of the Commercial Analytics Senior Consultant is to help identify the source of the business issues faced, and leverage industry data and analytics to deliver solutions based on how these components drive successful business outcomes. These include focusing on business processes like HCP segmentation and targeting, incentive compensation, industry benchmarking, field KPI’s, and commercial performance. Ultimately, building critical customer relationships within the Commercial Business of our customers.
The majority of your time will be spent overseeing client engagement teams and working with clients to deliver data/analytics-driven consulting engagements. You should have a strong subject matter understanding of the sales and sales/commercial operations processes, tools, and supporting the sales and brand strategies. In addition, you have a strong understanding of industry data and analytics that drive insight and decision making. Lastly, you have a strong consulting background to serve as the lead resource leading projects and overseeing engagement teams. Typical projects will include industry analytics for field assessments, KPI definition, segmentation, targeting, incentive compensation, & digital maturity models, etc.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva with the requirement that candidates live on the East Coast in order to meet requirements to be at customer(s) site(s) as required.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Oversee execution of delivery teams in leveraging data and analytics for solution recommendations and advisory for our clients for programs regarding HCP Segmentation & Targeting, Incentive Compensation, and Field KPI definition
- Manage business development cycles for new projects and add on engagements
- Serve as a key subject matter expert for methodology and approaches to solutions
- Establish and own relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels within the commercial organization
- Be accountable for program delivery ensuring progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Demonstrate the ability to assimilate to new knowledge
- Possess good business acumen
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- 8+ years of experience with the Pharmaceutical industry
- Background in the pharmaceutical industry commercial processes - specifically Segmentation, Targeting, and Commercial Analytics
- Strong understanding of how different data sets are used to make key commercial decisions including field force sizing, incentive compensation, and go to market strategies
- Strong track record of experience owning client advisory engagements
- Core management consulting skills, including workshop facilitation, client presentations, project management, and ability to develop structured approaches/methodologies to business problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel roughly 40% but this can vary depending on engagement (Currently no travel due to COVID-19)
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]