Principal Business Analyst/Product Owner at Precise Software (Washington DC)
This is an opportunity to join a company that has won numerous awards for innovation, leadership, and gold standard performance. Thought leadership, a people centric culture and a supportive community create a foundation for success in a fast-paced environment.
An active FDA Public Trust Clearance is preferred; eligibility to obtain an FDA Public Trust Clearance is required.
This position is remote.
We are starting a very large new program with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and would love to have you join us! If you are solution-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, then come work for a our company.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the FDA Principal Business Analyst position include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Primary Product Owner for a application or portfolio of related applications
- Act as the primary point of contact for all communication needs during the requirements gathering phase with the customer
- Act as the SME for the business domain and conduct/manage the knowledge transfer with the testing and development teams
- Participate in analysis and design of the proposed solutions as well as facilitating the development of multiple solution options to address the business needs
- Identify and understand customer expectations as part of the requirements gathering process
- Ensure that the proposed solution concepts align with the existing enterprise framework solution
- Work with application programmers to develop proposed solution prototypes in an iterative manner
- Prepare project documentation like meeting minutes, business process documents, and other process workflow diagrams as required
- Assist the development and testing teams during the execution phase with functional expertise as required
- Assist the implementation team in conducting the User Acceptance Testing of the developed solution
The Principal Business Analyst will have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience working with web-based applications in the areas of requirements gathering, requirements definition and analysis, and product backlog grooming
- SAFe Agile and Scrum Master certified preferred
- Experience with Agile methodology, writing user stories, managing scrum calls, prioritizing the backlog, etc.
- Experience with maintaining a product backlog in tools such as JIRA and TFS
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects (if required) and good documentation skills
- Good analytical thinking skills and a team player
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Education: Bachelor's degree in business and management, information systems, computer science, or other related field
Precise Software Solutions, Inc., an SBA 8(a) program participant, is an innovative small business with a proven record of success delivering quality services and solutions to government organizations. A CMMI Level 3 company, Precise serves as a trusted advisor to senior technology executives and helps government agencies enhance and expand their information technology capabilities. Precise helps their customers capitalize on the efficiencies offered by technological advancements and ensures the integrity of their IT systems and programs so they can perform their public mission more effectively. The company is known for delivering agile and innovative solutions and specializes in strategic consulting, system modernization and integration, digital transformation and experience, infrastructure and cloud implementation, and data management and analytics.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Training and Development
- Two Innovation Days
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Charity Donation Match
- Awards and Recognition
- Standing Desks
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Precise is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants.