By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
Pricing Strategy & Analytics is a specialized and cross-functional team that works closely with leadership teams, data science, engineering, product, design, and operations teams to drive business critical pricing related decision-making. Each team member is responsible for the effective performance of a key component of our pricing system (acquisition and resale pricing from valuation and risk to strategy) and will be accountable for key operating metrics to drive via operations, analytics and product.
As a member of this team, you’ll lay the foundation for how we build a better pricing system that delivers fair and timely pricing and risk decisions across our customer and home life cycle. The team leads projects from idea generation through execution, interacts regularly with our senior leadership team, develops key strategic frameworks and drives insights to build value across the business. We are looking for team members with high curiosity about data and the insights it can uncover about our customers and products!
On Pricing Strategy & Analytics you will:
- Partner with our product teams on product roadmap and vision
- Drive insights and recommendations for improving the effectiveness of operating processes and programs
- Work closely with the operations teams to drive pricing business results
- Lead quarterly and annual resource allocation and initiative and OKR planning for the pricing operations function
- Lead continuous efforts to develop models using both our own and external data to improve company decision making
- Deliver crisp communication of recommended solutions to senior leaders, operators and other stakeholders
- Deliverables include diagnostics of business results, analytic models, custom performance analysis, building a scalable reporting infrastructure, and developing solutions in presentation-ready form for Opendoor executives
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 2-5 years of analytical, strategy and/or business operations experience
- Preferably 1-2 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, investing or high performance professional services firm
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL. Strong Python and/or R skills are nice to have
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description