Portfolio Analyst at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for business unit and cross-division portfolio management and/or enterprise-wide process management. Defines, and directs business portfolio plans while leading multi-system program teams. Manages the strategic aspects of large engagements including reviewing and managing high-level deliverables within and across business units, performing program reviews and ensuring project management best practices take place for all engagements, mitigating risks, and effectively communicating with key stakeholders throughout the program lifecycle. Works closely with the Portfolio Manager and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost- effective business solutions for Ball Corporation
- Guide conversations with the business to define and prioritize requests in order to bring forward through the GPMO process and ultimately direct the capability leads to executions
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts to executive leadership for resolution.
- Actively participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion.
- Lead and manage the quarterly and yearly forecasting process to define capital and operating expense spend across the key initiatives being worked within NCA.
- Engage with and conduct quarterly (or at other intervals as specified) reviews with business leadership, shared services partners such as IT & Global Business Services; and other relevant stakeholder teams to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs and/or mitigate constraints as required.
- Develop and deliver portfolio status reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to upper management, including NCA Exec.
- Lead and support IT & Business project managers during kick-off meetings for cross-functional initiatives within the NCA region.
- Actively collaborate with our GPMO and GSS teams to ensure we’re updating and utilizing our demand tracking tool, ServiceNow (SNOW).
- Acts as liaison with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Create & establish risk mitigation plans with the business and capability leads.
- Lead reviews of all projects or programs in various stages of their lifecycle, including those that are challenged and need recommendations for “path to green”: continue on path, be significantly changed, placed on hold or stopped
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project team members and contractors, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the program.
- Broad training in a related field acquired through college degree level education. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Job related experience for 3-5 years minimum. Project/Program Management experience, Cross-functional experience while leading initiatives, and industry experience in supply chain, manufacturing, finance, commercial or HR preferred.
- Familiar in defining and driving process-driven methodologies and continuous improvement processes such as lean, Six Sigma, ITIL, CMMi.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion.MS Office Suite, with high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- system and business principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
- project management, risk management, security, cost management, implementation and start-up of new business processes and computerized systems
- Ability to make presentations to deliver concise overview of projects/portfolios for upper management
- Understanding of division’s strategies and objectives
- Familiarity with project & portfolio management software tools.
- 5% of travel
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans