People Analytics Associate (Hybrid) at Protective Life (Birmingham, AL)
| Birmingham, AL
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:34 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
As the People Analytics Team, we are responsible for using data and analytics to solve essential business and HR challenges around attracting, developing, retaining, and motivating the best talent. As an analyst and internal consultant on the team, your responsibilities include quantitative analytics, data visualization, research design, and consulting. You report directly to the Head of HR Strategy and People Analytics. We work closely with members of the HRIS Team, HR Partners, COEs, and other leaders across the business to help leaders utilize data to better achieve their goals.
We are directly involved in implementing HR strategy by answering key human capital questions. Your role is to analyze, model, test, build, and communicate analyses that lead to data-driven recommendations. You possess sound business acumen and analytical skills and are a trusted resource who can smoothly and authoritatively explain insights from the data to executives to help drive strategy, action, and decision-making. You are forward-thinking – a stalwart supporter for predictive analytics and outside-looking, meaning you stay plugged into what’s happening with the workforce, global HR community, and competitors. You enjoy constantly learning and growing your analytical and data science skills.
- Execute the People Analytics vision and strategy, enabling solutions that cut across the entire employee lifecycle, in alignment with HR and business leadership priorities.
- Lead the utilization of data analyses, visualizations, and predictive analytics in order to move rapidly from providing standard reporting to providing people trends and insights.
- Be a constant learner, active listener, teacher, and coach; advancing the practice of People Analytics and enabling HR professionals and business leaders to become more data-savvy.
- Seek to identify and understand people-related business problems and help frame them into actual research questions that can be answered with data.
- Bring together our internal data, as well as external data and research, to help our business leaders understand and act on people issues.
- Promote a risk-aware culture when it comes to data. Keep on top of changing requirements and practices for maintaining ethical workforce data handling.
- 2+ years related experience in HR, finance/accounting, business analytics, or related role
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; MBA or advanced professional degree with a focus in HR management, data science, analytics, I/O psychology, or other social science a plus
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, including manipulating large datasets
- Experience with cloud-based people analytics software a plus
- Experience with HR systems, data, and reporting a plus
- Prior consulting experience a plus
- Ability to intuit, understand, and communicate the meaning of analyses to a range of technical and non-technical audiences in both strategic and operational roles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions
- Excellent judgement and trustworthiness with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group, as well as network, influence, and engage leaders across all levels
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More Information on Protective Life
Protective Life operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Birmingham, AL. Protective Life was founded in 2022. It has 2912 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 47 open jobs at Protective Life, click here.
Read Full Job Description