Part-Time Student-Data Engineer-Intelligent Solutions Group-Urbandale IA (Remote)
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Partial Remote
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Data Engineer-Intelligent Solutions Group-Urbandale IA - 74186
This position is eligible for a partial REMOTE work schedule and will require occasional onsite work at one of our ISG locations based on assigned job duties. The final remote arrangement and assignments will be determined by the business needs and the manager's direction.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
As a Part-Time Student-Data Engineer for Deere's Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Urbandale, Iowa, you will work with our Automation & Autonomy (A&A) team including:
- Conduct data pipeline development & maintenance for A&A projects
- Work with Computer Vision Machine Learning (CVML) engineers, Product Verification & Validations (PV&V) engineers, software engineers, and labelers to produce appropriate data/metadata collection, ingestion, processing, and validation solutions
- Provide data tools to help automate offboard/offline data activities
- Provide insights thru data dashboards with data property analysis
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at an accredited university
- Graduation date of May 2022 or year only or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Available to work during the academic year
- Available to work during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to an ISG facility location to work as needed
- Available to work on and complete assignments remotely per manager discretion
- 1+ year Python coding skills
- 1+ year experience with image processing
- 1+ year experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- 1+ year NoSQL database operation skills
- Analytic skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal communication skills with ability to lead conversations and collaboration
- Strong, demonstrated problem solving skills
What Makes You Stand Out
(These may include course work, school projects, outside work or own projects, etc)
- Strong Python coding skills with cv2, pandas, NumPy, PyMongo, math, os
- Strong docker skills
- Strong experience with AWS S3, ECR
- Experience with vehicle CAN data
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.