Operations Analyst at CNA
Under broad supervision analyzes business and other data for operations projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Uses problem solving and decision making to document and analyze operational and/or other data which may include staffing allocation work distribution budget compliance and/or operations goals.
- Develops and uses work management tools and analyzes database and operating systems to facilitate efficient processes and to conduct quality and/or operations reviews.
- Develops the scope proposals and details of project plans.
- May collaborate in the development and implementation of training plans and coordinates implementaion to end users.
- Utilizes business acumen and industry knowledge to identify issues that impact service provision and may make recommendations to management.
- Accountable for preparing and submitting project status and other reports to management.
- May plan organize and manage system testing.
- Collaborates with other departments or may provide technical assistance to others within the department.
Typically Manager or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the functions performed by the business unit with developing knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong client and team interpersonal skills with the ablity to effectively interact with all internal and external business partners.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical and business information in a clear concise and effective manner.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people costs and quality of service.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn and utilize other business related software systems including database and operating systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and completion of applicable professional designations.
- Minimum two years related experience including previous project experience.