Network Traffic Analyst- Crypsis (Remote) at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
The Crypsis Group is seeking a Network Traffic Analyst to join our growing team. The Network Traffic Analyst will work in tandem with the Threat Intelligence Analyst and Mobile Application Analyst teams to investigate suspected malicious mobile applications. Suspected malicious mobile applications will be tested in a sandboxed environment with proxies capturing all network traffic. The Network Traffic Analyst will work to identify anomalous activities within captured logs, as well as supplemental information discovered via Threat Intelligence.
- The Network Traffic Analyst will partner with the Threat Intelligence Analyst and Mobile Application Analyst teams to investigate suspected malicious mobile applications
- Understand how web requests are formed including POST parameters, HTTP headers, user agents, request parameters, request cookies, etc
- Inspect web traffic logs from application testing sessions to identify anomalous or suspicious activity initiated by mobile applications
- Query back-end databases using Presto SQL for web traffic logs for each individual testing session
- Utilize web logs to identify traffic and request patterns within the mobile application and develop a traffic fingerprint
- Attention to detail and complying with requirements of querying production databases are a must
- Demonstrate a resourceful and creative approach to solving technical problems
- Regularly and uniformly report findings. Create a narrative to the analysis performed
- Ability to multi-task and experience context switching to work on multiple applications in tandem and also staying up to date with prioritized requests and follow-ups within the individual workstreams
- Former professional services and consulting experience, preferred
- Experience with web traffic logs including understanding how HTTP requests are formed, sent, and received
- Basic SQL querying experience including sub queries
- Understand database partitions and schemas
- Experience with working on long-term engagements with multi-functional teams comprised of outsourced entities, legal, and operational business units
- Experience adhering to rigorous and detailed instructions while also thinking creatively and solving problems. Attention to detail is a must
- Knowledge of command line interfaces or scripting tools a plus
The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective an incident response, attack-readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $136,000/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.