In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
About the Team
As Zoom grows and expands, so do the data science and machine learning pipelines that are currently running independently of each other. As we create a Centralized Data Science and Machine Learning Platform, there's a need to ingest and model data into the Platform for easy access, exploration, and analysis. You will help us standardize data models and data pipelines across multiple ML pipelines, bringing robustness, scalability, and maintainability.
About the Role
- Design and build data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet business requirements.
- Participate in design discussions about new features and ensure real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
- Work collaboratively with engineering, data science and analytics teams
- Apply software engineering principles to create reliable, automated data solutions to solve critical business needs
- Coach and mentor engineers to help scale up the engineering organization
- Evaluate and advocate for modern technologies to accelerate delivery and improve engineering efficiency
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- A deep understanding of SQL and data pipelines
- Proficiency in DBT, Airflow, and cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, Delta Lake, and Redshift
- Expertise in Python or equivalent programming language [GoLang, Java, C++, etc.]
- 5+ years of experience in AWS, Databricks, Spark, Hadoop, the ELK stack, Kafka etc.
- 5+ years of experience with reliability engineering specifically in areas such as data quality, data observability and incident management.
- You enjoy making sense of chaos and data
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .