We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and driving fulfillment health across the entire Instacart marketplace. Your focus will be on leveraging data to identify inefficiencies in our marketplace, communicating the findings with the broader Shopper & Fulfillment org, and leading efforts to resolve the issues to drive KPIs
Your work will be highly cross functional and require quickly making informed decisions at scale in a very dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, a keen eye for detail, and is passionate about improving and optimizing processes and products.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Monitor and evaluate the bottoms-up performance of the entire Instacart’s marketplace across a range of supply, efficiency, and quality metrics
- Ensure proper actions are planned to maintain marketplace balance in ambiguous environments (e.g. weather, holidays, seasonality, macro environment)
- Support the launch of new company initiatives through marketplace knowledge and analysis
- Deep dive into root causes of marketplace problems and underperformance to identify product and operational needs or improvements
- Serve as the subject matter expert for supply and quality performance across all markets
- Manage and develop a lean team to execute on simultaneous workstreams and expand our understanding and coverage of the marketplace
- Synthesize analysis performed by the team and extract key insights to drive actions
- Lead weekly reviews on marketplace performance for large audiences (50+) including senior leadership
- Understand and provide guidance on the development of new Shopper & Fulfillment products and experiments to mitigate risks to marketplace performance
- Create and maintain dashboards to ensure accurate and nuanced performance monitoring
- Develop frameworks and processes to identify and escalate unsolved problems to the appropriate cross-functional teams
- Identify opportunities to automate time-consuming manual actions or processes
- 5-6+ years experience in analyzing and leveraging data to make strategic decisions (e.g. data analyst, corporate strategy, consulting)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Excel / GSheets required
- Proficiency with Powerpoint / GSlides required
- A fast learner capable of quickly understanding various operational metrics and products
- Ability to aggregate and synthesize large amounts of data and leverage a deep understanding of underlying systems and data to draw conclusions
- Ability to work collaboratively while having a strong sense of ownership and prioritization
- Eagerness to spot inefficiencies and improve broken processes in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and comfort to lead large meetings and extract executive-level takeaways
- Experience with managing and expanding a lean team
- Impeccable attention to detail and reliability
- Experience working directly with product/engineering teams on scalable process solutions a plus
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.